In order to understand your policy and attain a fair settlement from your insurance provider, call a West Virginia attorney.
What is the minimum amount of insurance coverage required for drivers in West Virginia?
In West Virginia, there are 2 forms of insurance coverage that each driver must have by law. Bodily injury liability insurance protects you from the costs of a car accident when you are at fault. Uninsured motorist coverage will protect you if you are involved in a car accident that was not your fault, but the other driver was not insured.
The maximum amount you may claim is equal for both bodily injury liability and uninsured motorist insurance:
- up to $25,000 per person involved in an accident;
- up to $50,000 maximum per accident; and
- up to $10,000 in property damage.
Minimum Insurance Coverage is Often Not Enough
The monetary limits of minimum insurance coverage are often not enough to pay for all of your expenses:
- medical bills;
- legal fees;
- lost wages;
- rehabilitative therapy; and
- more expenditures.
Additional insurance coverage may give you the peace of mind that you will be financially protected in a worst-case scenario.
When You Should See a West Virginia Attorney
If you have suffered an injury from a car accident, you are entitled to a fair settlement from your insurance company. Don’t be tempted to take the first offer the insurance company gives you. Because it is in the insurance adjusters’ best interest to keep costs to the insurance company low, you may not be compensated for the full amount covered in your insurance policy.
A West Virginia attorney can help you do many things during the course of your insurance accident claim.
- Understand all the terms and conditions of your insurance coverage policy.
- Evaluate the facts of the case and determine who was negligent and who should be held responsible for the injury and expense sustained.
- Fight for your rights for receiving a fair settlement from your insurance provider.
- Focus on your own recovery while the attorney tends to all the legalities.
If you have questions regarding your auto accident claim, the team at The Miley Group can help. For a free consultation or to order a complimentary copy of The 7 Biggest Mistakes That Will Wreck Your West Virginia Accident Claim, call today – 1-877-652-1031.