Extreme caution should be used when trying to work with an insurance adjuster on your own. When you hire a Clarksburg personal injury lawyer, they can take over all the communication with the insurance adjuster on your behalf, which can help prevent you from making a mistake that could harm or result in a denial of your West Virginia personal injury claim.
Insurance Industry Tactics Used in West Virginia Personal Injury Claims
The insurance adjuster is looking for any bit of information or evidence they can use to reduce or deny your injury claim. Some of the insurance industry tactics commonly used in West Virginia personal injury claims include:
- surveillance to determine if a claimant's injuries are consistent with their daily activities and movement;
- attempt to convince a claimant they don't need a lawyer, and will receive a fair settlement without one;
- get a claimant to provide a recorded statement, in hopes of getting them to downplay their injuries or admit fault;
- get a claimant to settle quickly and sign a release form so that no further compensation can be received; and
- obtain a signed medical authorization from the claimant which gives them full access to medical records, not just the records that pertain to your current accident injuries.
While insurance adjusters may have special training at their disposal, your Clarksburg personal injury lawyer is well aware of these insurance industry tactics and can work on your behalf to fight for a fair settlement.
Contact a Clarksburg Personal Injury Attorney Today
Don't allow insurance industry tactics to keep you from getting what you deserve. If you have been seriously injured in a West Virginia accident, you should consult with a Clarksburg personal injury attorney about your case. They can examine your evidence, determine if you have a valid West Virginia personal injury claim, and allow you to concentrate on recovering from your injuries while they deal with the insurance adjusters for you.
The Miley Legal Group in Clarksburg, West Virginia will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today for a no cost consultation - 304-326-1800