When going out camping, hunting or just spending time outdoors this spring, you depend on certain equipment to keep you safe. However, some products could end up causing you to be severely hurt. If a defective product injured you in Harrison County, a personal injury attorney may be able to help.
Injuries that Could Occur from a Defective Product
- A heater used for camping could cause burns or make someone sick from toxic fumes if it malfunctions.
- A jacket, gloves or other gear that may be worn on your trip could lead to frostbite or hypothermia if not manufactured properly.
- Small children may choke or hurt themselves on small parts that come loose or break off.
- Cuts, bruises or scrapes could be sustained from jagged material or improperly fastened components.
- You could be involved in a car accident if snow tires on your vehicle were not made or installed correctly.
If you are using an item correctly and appropriately but become injured, you should take the following precautionary steps:
- seek medical attention immediately;
- keep the faulty product in a safe place away from others;
- write down where you were and how you were using the product when the accident occurred;
- take pictures or video of your injuries and the product in question;
- collect information and statements from anyone who may have witnessed the accident;
- report the situation to the product manufacturer; and
- contact an attorney to see if you are eligible to take legal action.
If others report an injury using the same item, the company and/or manufacturer may issue a recall for that specific product. Be mindful of these notifications that can help you prevent an accident or be used as evidence in your claim.
One very dangerous product in particular is the propane heater. Innumerable deaths have occurred as a result of people using the heaters as directed. Entire families on camping trips have suffered carbon monoxide poisoning while simply trying to stay warm. This is unacceptable.
Before filing, take into consideration that many large companies have high-powered attorneys working for them that can squash your claim if you try to take it on by yourself. A personal injury attorney can help hold these corporations responsible for their negligence while working to get you the compensation you need.
Injured from a defective product in Harrison County? Call a Personal Injury Attorney
When unsafe products cause injuries, the results could be life-changing. Although there will be a lot of questions and important decisions to make during this time, choosing the right legal representation can help you make the most informed decisions possible while you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses.
The Miley Legal Group in Clarksburg will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today for a FREE consultation – 1-304-326-1800.