9 Tips to Know Before Filing a Truck Accident Injury Claim
Before filing your truck accident injury claim, check these 9 tips to make sure you’re prepared.
- Get the insurance details of other people and vehicles involved in the accident, including names, numbers and policy information.
- Find out who the responding law enforcement and emergency personnel are by gathering their names, badges and reporting locations.
- Get contact information of any witnesses and where they can be reached.
- Collect any photographs of the accident scene and injuries.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
- Read the details of all your insurance policies. You may have more than one insurance policy that may cover your accident and injuries. It might be possible for you to file a valid truck accident injury claim under multiple polices.
- Any conversations or correspondence you have with the insurance company should be written down and saved.
- Keep all receipts and bills related to the accident, such as medical costs and repair work.
- Never misrepresent the situation to the insurance investigators because you don’t want to give them any reason to deny your claim based on fraudulence.
A truck accident and injury claim can be complicated. All of this information may help you prove your insurance claim, but to increase your chance of filing a successful claim, consult with a Clarksburg injury law firm.
Contact a Clarksburg Injury Law Firm
You should think about talking with a Clarksburg injury law firm so you’ll understand what your rights are under the law. When trucks collide with passenger cars, the results will likely be life-changing. Although there will be a lot of questions and important decisions to make during this time, choosing the right legal representation can help you make the most informed decisions possible while you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. The Miley Legal Group in West Virginia will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today for a FREE consultation – 1-304-326-1800.