An accident in Clarksburg in which a neck injury causes you pain and discomfort may need a West Virginia accident lawyer to review the situation. An injury of this sort often requires intense medical intervention, including surgery and physical rehabilitation, which can skyrocket medical expenses and cause emotional distress for months, years and sometimes even a lifetime.
Diagnosing Neck Injuries after an Accident in Clarksburg
To help diagnosis the severity of your neck injury, physicians often use the following tests:
- Computed tomography (CT or CAT) scan: displays the shape and size of the spinal canal, its contents and surrounding structures;
- Electromyogram and nerve conduction studies (EMG/NCS): measures the electrical impulse within nerve roots, peripheral nerves and muscle tissue;
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI): creates 3-dimensional visuals showing the spinal cord, nerve roots and adjacent spaces;
- Myleogram: An x-ray of the spinal canal showing stress on the spinal cord or nerves caused by herniated discs, bone spurs or tumors; and
- X-rays: show the configuration of the spine and the outline of the joints.
If you feel you’ve suffered a neck injury after an accident, it’s imperative you seek medical attention. You should also seek a West Virginia accident attorney for financial and emotional distress you may encounter after an accident in Clarksburg.
Contact a West Virginia Accident Attorney
Medical treatment to care for a neck injury sustained during an accident in Clarksburg can be costly. When an accident happens, the results will likely be life-changing. Although there will be a lot of questions and important decisions to make during this time, choosing the right legal representation can help you make the most informed decisions possible while you seek compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses. The Miley Legal Group in Clarksburg will work with you to fight for the compensation you deserve and help you to move on with your life. Contact us today for a FREE consultation – 1-304-326-1800.