Rental car accident insurance: do you really need it? A West Virginia Injury Attorney Explains
4/27/2012One question you may have when planning that next vacation or business trip is “do I really need to purchase rental car accident insurance?” While the added protection can give you peace of mind, you may not actually need it. Here are some things to consider before signing on the dotted line.
Your personal auto insurance policy – call your insurance agent and ask if your policy covers a rental car accident. If you are travelling for pleasure, you are most likely covered. However, if you are on a business trip you may not be. Ask what is covered, as some gaps could leave you holding the bag for car repairs or other issues.
- Your credit card company – many credit card companies extend insurance coverage to their customers if a vehicle is rented and paid for using their card. Again, call to check on the specific details.
- Company policies – if you are on a business trip that requires you to rent a car, your employer should have an umbrella policy that will cover a rental car accident.
If you’re covered by these situations, it’s probably safe to opt out of additional coverage.
If you find that you do need coverage make sure you choose these options at the counter:
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW);
- Loss Damage Waiver (LDW);
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI);
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI); and
- Personal Effects Coverage (PEC).
In the unfortunate event you are hurt in a rental car accident, call a West Virginia injury attorney today for assistance.
Contact a West Virginia Injury Attorney
Unfortunately, car accidents are a regular occurrence on West Virginia roadways such as I-79, I-77, Route 50, Route 33, and I-68. In fact, our state averages over 40,000 car crashes, over 400 deaths, and over 11,000 serious injuries each year. If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a rental car accident, order a FREE copy of our consumer guide, The 7 Biggest Mistakes that Can Wreck Your West Virginia Car Accident Claim then contact the Clarksburg personal injury attorneys at The Miley Legal Group for a FREE consultation – 304-326-1800.
Category: Car Accidents
There are no comments.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Rental car accident insurance: do you really need it? A West Virginia Injury Attorney Explains"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."