While riding an all-terrain vehicle (ATV) can be an exhilarating experience, it can also be quite dangerous. Therefore, riders should take all the necessary precautions to prevent an ATV accident from occurring. The reality is that ATV accidents can lead to extremely devastating consequences if a rider is thrown from the vehicle or rolled over.
In fact, statistics indicate that one of the most common ATV accidents occur when a rider is rolled over by an ATV. ATV rollover accidents can cause severe injuries either from throwing the riders from the vehicle or by pinning them underneath it.
Below are some precautions to better protect riders and help prevent an ATV accident from happening:
- never allow a child to drive an ATV without adult supervision;
- purchase an ATV that you can safely maneuver;
- regularly inspect your ATV for damages or defects;
- wear safety equipment (helmet, jacket, goggles); and
- ride an ATV only when weather and road conditions are safe (avoid riding in stormy weather conditions or on roads with plenty potholes, debris, etc.).
Unfortunately, despite your efforts to be safe, some ATV accidents are unavoidable. Another driver's carelessness can also cause an ATV rollover accident in West Virginia. If you have been injured in a West Virginia ATV accident because of someone else's negligence or a manufacturer's safety defect, you should contact a Clarksburg ATV accident lawyer at The Miley Legal Group. Our firm will examine the facts surrounding your case and help you receive the compensation that you may be entitled to.
Contact us today for a FREE consultation - 304-326-1800.