Compensation You May Seek in a Clarksburg Wrongful Death Claim
A wrongful death claim filed in Clarksburg, West Virginia, may seek compensation for the decedent’s beneficiaries. Depending on the circumstances surrounding your case, a wrongful death attorney may fight to get you reimbursed for one or more of the following:
- property damage – if property was damaged, such as in an accident where a vehicle was destroyed, you may seek reimbursement;
- medical expenses – if a decedent was in the hospital or treated by a physician and ultimately died as a result, you may be compensated;
- funeral expenses – funeral costs are in the thousands and you shouldn’t have to pay for those when negligence was involved;
- loss of future services – if you were dependent on the decedent, you can seek damages for these services;
- loss of future income – estimates on the amount of income lost because of a death may be paid to beneficiaries;
- loss of companionship or consortium – loss of affection, companionship and assistance may be compensated; and
- punitive damages - if criminal activity was involved in the death, punitive damages may be sought.
Talk to a West Virginia Wrongful Death Attorney
If you lost a loved one because of someone’s negligence, you have a right to seek justice and compensation. With over 50 years of combined experienced, the attorneys at The Miley Legal Group know how to fight for your fair compensation.
For a free book explaining The 7 Biggest Mistakes that Can Wreck Your West Virginia Car Accident Claim, call us today at 888-436-0859.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Compensation You May Seek in a Clarksburg Wrongful Death Claim"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."